Wednesday, December 21, 2005

December 22 - New Delhi (Day 16)

Thanks to everybody who is reading and posting comments on the blog. I get excited every time I see a new comment! The last 7 comments were posted by my nephew, Neil! He is only 17 but already he is an amazing writer! Your aunties are proud! We love you! Thanks, for adding some humuor to our blog!

We will be leaving Delhi tomorrow and heading to Jodhpur for a couple of days. I will be glad to leave, I need a change! Unfortunately, due to our late planning there are no train seats available! We will be taking a overnight bus, which takes 12 hours..It will be cold and bumpy! I keep reminding Lata that it is part of the adventure. As long as we have our blankets we should be ok. (I hope!)! The bus costs 250 Rupees ($6.75 Cnd), the train cost 750 Rupees ($20.27) and a flight costs 5500 Rupees ($148).. Based on these prices and the lack of available train seats, the bus it is!

November, December and January are peak tourist months in India. If you want to book train tickets you better do it in advance. Otherwise like us you will have to suffer traveling hours and hours on the bus. These buses are not greyhound! No bathroom and they seem really, really old!

Later, Neeta

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you Neeta, Neil's comments were halarious. I never knew he could write so well and had such a good sense of humour.

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home